[Nitro] Newbie Impressions

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Tue Jun 12 17:31:09 EDT 2007

Jonathan Buch schreef:
> Hi,
>
> [18:10]  <ekim\> Is there some kind of "getting started" guide for nitro
> [18:10]  <ekim\> the documentation seems to be very sparse
> [18:11]  <Jo[work]> yes, docs are sparse and often outdated, which is sad
> ;/
> [18:11]  <Jo[work]> have you seen http://oxyliquit.de/ ?
> [18:11]  <ekim\> are you just suppoed to "Know"

This is definitely a sore point for Nitro. I would like to help to
create some sort of manual by the time 0.5.0 is released (which probably
won't be tomorrow anyway). I'm still quite new to Nitro but I try to
regularly read some source and try to make some notes as I go along.

Jo and I talked about it a bit on IRC and he pointed out the Django docs
(http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/). We could follow a similar
structure with a step-by-step guide for newbies followed by a complete
reference section. I'm thinking a wiki-like system for the editors, but
freeze the text when it is released after which only comments can be
made (like with postgresql/php docs).

Ideally each section would contain it's own unit tests to see if the
examples are still valid with new versions, altough I think at this
point it is more important to focus on actually getting some docs together.

Other opinions on this? Any source diggers willing to contribute?

thank you
(ab)

--
Arne Brasseur @ your service