[Nitro] Nitro (or, any gem installables for that matter) documentation:

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 08:54:06 EDT 2007

On Jul 27, 4:10 am, "Jonathan Buch" <j... at oxyliquit.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks to Manveru I came across this:
> http://rubypub.com/gem/nitro-0.41.0/
> who feels fit 'n fresh enough to make a) documentation for Nitro and
> b) pipe that back to the original in-code documentation.  ;)
> No seriously, nice idea, but... what use is that when all changes
> get lost on version-incrememts.  :P

That's a bout the third one of these thing I've seen in the last few
months. There's also,

Though this is the first that seems to offer wiki-style doc editing.

The problem with the docs on these things is they make assumptions
about how documenting is done. Facets for instance is documented in
smaller pieces, not all in one -- which just makes a mess.

And you're right. What's the point of editing a wiki that will be
outdated tomorrow? Unless there some idea that docs should be kept in
separate directory like tests (and I read about a recent tool for
making this easier to do). But that seems crazy, I already keep
function tests in comments with the source. I know that's doesn't fly
for integration tests, but I really can imagine having to open another
file to document my code.... or am I missing something?