[Nitro] Markup spec

* William william.full.moon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:24:25 EDT 2007

Hi gang ...

I have been following the conversations -- Love what I see, I trust I'll get
some time to play later this quarter.

I have a comment on these recurrent "test" errors and "regression" errors
I've seen.  This was sparked by a similar conversation on total quality
management and that other TLA (three letter acronym) that Ruby folk love:

    DRY

    Do-not  Repeat Yourself

Testing seems (to me) to be the first place to Not Repeat.

I am aware we have a test harness, etc.  One thing that I've always thought
is that the OO paradigm si a fertile ground for "responsible objects" --
Objects that take it upon themselves to sign a "pledge of personal
integrity".

I will avoid an essay -- I'll just make one (stress possible) possible
example for this.

Take the idea below ... (see Example-A, end)

When the class loads, it does the equivalent of a "Bootstrap self-test".  If
your PC and server's BIOS can benefit from this, why not our classes??!

There would be very few regression errors with an effective "self-check"
mechanism.

Give it some thought guys!

Aloha,
       ... Will