[Nitro] Nitro Structure Graphics

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 01:19:13 EDT 2007

On Jul 20, 12:25 pm, "Jonathan Buch" <j... at oxyliquit.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> > Otherwise, maybe Nitro really does need a little "Glue".
> yes, good points.  Feature creep isn't such a nice thing to have and
> with so many different things within Facets a little harsh organization
> can't hurt.
> I honestly don't have the overview over the dependencies within Nitro
> which lead to Facets...

Maybe we can make a list of those soon.

> But, I kinda like "Blow".  :)  Don't get too cought up in naming issues

You got it...

On a side note, another Facets derivative...

All I need now is a little triangle corner graphic that says "It came
from Facets" or something like that :)

> I'm waiting for Nitro 0.49 which will go out very early after you
> release Facets 2.0.  :)  At least I hope so, /me pokes G to work on
> specs.  :P
> /me pokes busy busy Arne too :P
> > Along with that there may be two more dependencies -- 1) I'm
> > debating whether to make all the CLI utilities a separate project, and
> > 2) I'm creating a new project that houses English grammer and language
> > related libs, like inflect.rb. I guess this project will just be
> > called "English". There are a lot of advantages in having a separate
> > project for this kinds of thing which ultimately could lead to a very
> > strong library of natural language processing.
> > If Nitro is still
> > insisting on pluralizing table names (something I always thought was a
> > waste of good cpu cycles personally), then that will be additional
> > required dependency.
> Og never pluralizes tables (and never did).  What it does use pluralize
> for is for creating nice relation names.

Hmmm... I think it did a long time ago. But maybe I just got it mixed
up with the relationship methods you mention below.

> class Forum
>    has_many User
> end
> Forum#users
> And no, I don't feel like we're wasting cycles here.  ;)  It's merely the
> Og way, which makes it feel so good.  :)  (Those methods are generated at
> boot time via eval, so no runtime wasting going on here.)

Ah, right. Well, either Og can depend on "English" or it can just copy
the inflect.rb file and distribute it with Og. The later means one
less dependency, the former provides other potential benefits for
Nitro users.