[Nitro] Running specs

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Sun Jul 8 02:07:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

> I'm trying to run the automated tests for nitro but I'm not being
> successfull.
>
> When I run "rake test/nitro" or "rake test/raw" or "rake test/og" I
> get the following error:
> /home/aure/nitro/script/lib/spec.rb:18: uninitialized constant
> Spec::VERSION (NameError)

It's `rake test:raw` not `rake test/raw`.

> I have the latest nitro development version, and I can run my own
> specs outside nitro with no problems.
>
> I also get messages like:
> Running controller/caching...             [   0 specs -   0 failed ]
>
> That look suspicious. All of them share " 0 specs -   0 failed ". What
> should I do to run the automated nitro tests?

Nitro requires the newest RSpec, might that be the problem?

When it says '0 specs' like that, some precondition failed, basically
it can't run the spec at all.  You'll get the errors at then end, when
all specs ran through.

You can also access single specs by doing
`rake test:raw:controller:caching`.  (It's just the path to the file).

Jo