[Nitro] Facets 2.0

* William william.full.moon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 08:52:50 EST 2007

Hi folks ...

I like this.  May I add one comment?

Make it ....

    require 'facets/base'
    require 'facets/core'
and
    require 'facets/app'
    require 'facets/usr'
    require 'facets/etc'

Or something along those lines.

... My reasoning is from OO development, not some much Ruby.  In the main, I
have found it much better to have abstract classes, and to at least make
sure all application level code is in a derived class.

This suggestion encourages folks to think like that.

While I accept that the Ruby and Smalltalk paradigm is to be less
abstraction in base classes, for myself, I can hold my hand on my hear to
recommend this as the kind of general approach we want to encourage with a
framework like Nitro.

Regards,
          Will.