[Nitro] [ANN] Facets 1.8 (RC)

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Sat Jan 27 19:26:46 EST 2007

Hi,

> True, but we really need to get on with a new implementation of
> annotations. The reason being that the old implementation is very
> complicated and slow. It doesn't need to be so, but to fix it we have
> to accept some reduction in syntax flexability. but that is actually
> better (IMHO) b/c its simplier on the mind to have 1 or 2 ways to
> write something rather than 4 or more.

yep, all true.  (You may remember me cursing over this ;))

The only things I used with annotations:

Klass.ann :sym, {}
Klass.attr_accessor :sym, SomeKlass, {}

Klass.ann.sym

So, one setter/update, one convenience function for Og, and one way to
retrieve annotations.

Is there really a need to make a more 'complicated' interface?  (With
! and ?)  Is it feasable to 'reuse' .ann for objects too?  (As opposed
to Classes and obj.annotation.)

Maybe Annotations can be a purely Hash-like structure, nothing fancy,
with .ann just updating it..

I don't really want to 'stir up' things further, but I think the easier
annotations get, the better it is.  :P

Jo

--
Feel the love