[Nitro] [ANN] Facets 1.8 (RC)

transfire at gmail.com transfire at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 16:40:27 EST 2007

On Jan 27, 3:51 pm, "Jonathan Buch" <j... at oxyliquit.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> >> ann.rb and ann_attr.rb. However, I think I need to go back and replace
> >> annotation.rb with the version from Facets 1.4.3.how does 1.4.3 differ from 1.4.5?  1.4.5 works good here with Nitro.
> We could also just mirror the annotation code in vendor/ within Nitro,
> this would decouple us a bit from Facets.  I would guess that the rest
> of Facets doesn't pose that big of a problem.

True, but we really need to get on with a new implementation of
annotations. The reason being that the old implementation is very
complicated and slow. It doesn't need to be so, but to fix it we have
to accept some reduction in syntax flexability. but that is actually
better (IMHO) b/c its simplier on the mind to have 1 or 2 ways to
write something rather than 4 or more.