[Nitro] new work on annotations

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 10:40:37 EST 2007

On 1/23/07, transfire at gmail.com <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Started working on annotations again today.

> 1) The "force" methods (btw "coerce" would describe this better). I'm
> not sure yet, are they generic enough or too nitro specific? And how do
> they get used exactly? I'll have to think about this some more, so any
> more information about them will of course help.

They are used by the automatic request.params to object instantiation code (
reques.fill, obj.create_with(request), obj.assign(request) etc). I think we
can extract this out of the annotation code.

2) This hunk of code is Nitro specific:
>         if klass && !serializable_attributes.empty?
>           include Og::EntityMixin unless
> ancestors.include?(Og::EntityMixin)
>           include Glue::Validation unless
> ancestors.include?(Glue::Validation)
>           include Aspects unless ancestors.include?(Aspects)
>         end

yeap we should factor this out. Please don't reuse the included_as_property
Nitro callback. Just other another callback and I will override this to add
nitro specific code (included_as_property and the stuff you quoted).

thanks for your work,