[Nitro] Lighttpd and Fastcgi, innovative work flow

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Mon Jan 8 03:19:41 EST 2007

Hi,

> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nitro-0.41.0/lib/nitro/adapter/fastcgi.rb:10: uninitialized constant Socket (NameError)

I might be completely off, but could it be that the pure ruby fastcgi
lib had been loaded?  Did you install the fastcgi .so? (libfcgi0c2 package
on debian)

You can test fcgi also by doing:

   NITRO_INVOKE=fcgi_proc ./run.rb

This should start your app (and then block of course, waiting for fcgi
requests).

If the libfcgi.so.0 was already there, could you try installing the gem
version of the fcgi lib and see what it does about the C ext?

Jo

--
Feel the love
http://pinkjuice.com/pics/ruby.png