[Nitro] Dir structure

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:11:46 EST 2007

Dear devs,

in the older version of Nitro there used to be glue directories in
og/lib/glue and nitro/lib/glue. In the process of getting rid glue I
moved these directories to:

og/lib/glue (namespace Glue::) -> og/lib/og/mixin (namespace Og::Mixin)
nitro/lib/glue (namespace Glue::)-> raw/lib/raw/mixin (namespace Raw::Mixin)

the modules Og::Mixin and Raw::Mixin are included in the top-level for
extra convienience.

I am not happy with having 2 directories. I would like to have all
mixins to a single directory. Moreover, the controller helpers are in
fact mixins (mixed in to controller classes, not model classes).

Since these mixins are high level constructs that work on top of the
lower level Og and Raw libraries, and I would like to integrate the
model and controller mixins I have the following idea for better
organization. Move these files in Nitro (the high level framework that
uses the lower level Raw and Og libraries):

model mixins go to:

nitro/model/

for example

nitro/model/timestamped
nitro/model/webfile
nitro/model/taggable
nitro/model/orderable

controller mixins go to:

nitro/controller/

for example

nitro/controller/pager
nitro/controller/table
nitro/controller/autologin

etc...

One drawback of this is that modules like optimistic_locking,
hierarchical etc, that useful for Og users that are not Nitro users
now would reside in the Nitro dir.

Please, I would really like to hear your input here and your suggestions.

regards,
George.

--
http://blog.gmosx.com