[Nitro] Glue -> Facets

transfire at gmail.com transfire at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:08:03 EST 2007

On Feb 25, 12:24 pm, "George Moschovitis"
<george.moschovi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> can you please move
>
> glue/cache
> glue/cache.rb
> glue/logger.rb
> glue/fixture.rb
>
> to facets?

Sure. Except for one problem...

I'm neck deep in an attempt to improve the organization of Facets --
something I posted about on facets-universal. Unfortunately I havent
gotten any input, and I am once again stuck in the thick of this. See,
the really sucky problem is that Gems doesnt support subpackages like
setup.rb does. So if I makes a subproject for all the more libs I will
be left with some 70 gems. And the way gems handles dependecies --well
who wants to type 'Y' for 70 dependencies? Now, I was planning to make
a special packager that could bundle them all up in one package, but I
run into the some of same problems I have now, specifically that the
rdocs for each lib get mixed up with the others. And I can't do
anything special about it because Gems generates the rdocs
automatically on install. (To top it off, RubyGems just apdopted a new
webpage that serves these generated rdocs online!). I mentioned the
issue on the gem mailing list and was basically told it was my own
stupid fault for organizing my project the way I had. Well that's just
great! I have to choose between a huge number of dependencies or
screwed up docs.

unless someone has a bright idea....

T.