[Nitro] New layout

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 13:55:46 EST 2007

> Well, I don't get it. Now we have another project called 'raw' along
> side 'nitro' and 'og', not to metion 'glue'.

Glue will go away in 0.50. I am removing files from glue these days. But I
need you to add glue/cache to facets. Cache is used by both nitro/raw and og
so I cannot move this to either directory.

As I hace explained raw (Ruby Apps for Web) contains the low level http and
Controller/View part of nitro. To make it clear:

Nitro <-> Raw

~~~

Rails <-> ActionPack.

this new directory allows to separate code like bin/nitro, part/* etc from
the low level web stuff. Btw, Raw is not the final name. This is why I have
only chnaged the directory name and not all the requires. So if you have a
better suggestion let me know.

> and og (and now raw). While perhaps a step in the right direction,

these directories will be renamed. I just have not found the proper place a
name for these dirs. Will happen before the next releas though.

So I can assure you that Glue is about to go.

Btw, I would like to hear your thoughts on the reorganization inside
raw/lib/nitro

-g.

--
http://blog.gmosx.com