[Nitro] Interesting web framework article

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:01:06 EST 2007

Lars Olsson wrote:
> Hi list!
> Christian Neukirchen has published an interesting web framework article at
> http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2007/02/introducing-rack.html

The problem I've run into with mixing up assorted framework parts is the
conflict of libraries.  For example, one *should* be able to use Rails
view and controller parts with Og, but I've never gotten it to work.  I
think facets or glue get into arguments with ActiveSupport of actionpack
or something.

It would be nice if the Web end of stuff was abstracted from the app end
of stuff, but then the app stuff needs be cleanly decomposable as well
and each supporting library cleanly name-spaced, .

James Britt

"Design depends largely on constraints."
  - Charles Eames