[Nitro] Darcs troubles

transfire at gmail.com transfire at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:45:49 EST 2007

On Feb 13, 12:14 pm, "Jonathan Buch" <j... at oxyliquit.de> wrote:

> Nah, well, darcs is imo just a breeze to use.  Creating new repos doesn't
> need more than `darcs init` whereas I need to look up into handbooks for
> other SCMs.  It's merely that I can remember all important commands.
> I use darcs for all my projects nowadays, even if I'm the only one working
> on them.  This gives me an overview on what I have done when and enables
> me to have dev repos of it wherever I want them to be.  I can do work on
> train where I have no internet connection and still record what I have done.
> This is a feature of distributed SCMs and darcs is just one of those.
> Darcs has the feature of letting me specify exactly what I want to publish
>  from a single file.  Others only let you publish the whole file.

Those are good points. I find it often chorish to record however. I
wish I could just add a log note to the source file which darcs would
extract and use to record the change. That would be sweet. Alas, I
don't see anyway to tell darcs to selectively record without going
through the question-answer session.