[Nitro] Darcs troubles

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 06:52:23 EST 2007

I am also considering the best way to organize Nitro in more manageable (and
understandable) components. At the moment, I am thinking about switching to
a Rails style organization:

Nitro = the super-framework, integrates Gen, Og, Facets (the web, data, util
sub-frameworks)
Gen = What is currently Nitro

and the user will be able to add additional plugins:

nitro-mailer.rb
nitro-navigation.rb

etc, etc.

plugins can define Gen, Og, Facets, functionality, Nitro parts and stuff
like that. They will be distributed as gems.

The Nitro directory will just contain some configuration docs, the nitro
command, and the prototype application. All Web related code will be moved
to the Gen (or if someone has a cool name suggestion let me know) namespace.

Oh, and Glue will disappear in favor of Facets (unless Tom likes the name
Glue and would like to use it somewhere)

What do you think?
George.

PS: I pushed some new stuff to the repo. Be warned, it breaks almost
everything. But I would like to ask you to have a look at the code and offer
suggestions. The aim of these changes is to make the code more
understandable and manageable but please keep in mind that at the moment
this is work in progress.