[Nitro] Darcs troubles

Judson Lester nyarly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:39:29 EST 2007

First of all, thanks for the advice!

On 2/12/07, Jonathan Buch <john at oxyliquit.de> wrote:

> This sounds like stress?  Maybe.  Am I just ranting?  Possibly.
>
> But this doesn't mean that I don't like darcs.  I love it, it's imo the
> most 'comforting' system around...

Comforting how, exactly?  Because the error messages are more casual?
"You wrecked your repo, but that's fine with me!"  ;P

The thing I need most with Darcs right now is to see some good in it.
Right now the only feature it gives me is bleeding edge Nitro + Og.
What *is* good about Darcs?

> > On a related note, can I tell darcs to use an external merger?  I find the
> > default behavior of clobbering source files mostly just confusing.
>
> No idea on that.
>
> You mean using an external merger when you do `darcs pull`?  When pressing 'p'
> while pulling patches, you can look at the whole patch which is very useful.

You do a darcs pull.  Darcs responds "x, y, and z have conflicts."
Rather than have darcs "helpfully" add text to a source file, can I
get it to open up (ideally) meld or xxdiff or something, and let me
see the differences side by side?  And with the clear annotation that
the left is old and the right is new (or local and remote, or
whatever)?

(And has anyone else used monotone?)

Judson