[Nitro] Annotation, validation

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Mon Feb 12 17:33:45 EST 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:36:03 +0100, Judson Lester <nyarly at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/10/07, Jonathan Buch <john at oxyliquit.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> this could be done, but as you said, it would create overhead.  For a
>> uniqe check, one database roundtrip is required.  Depending on how fast
>> you insert data this will kill performance.
>>
>> I vote for making this 'auto validator generator' despite this.
>
> Maybe a setting for Og along the lines of "validation_at_store" or
> something is in order before changing behavior then?

Yeah, I'd like it to be an option...  But G is revamping whole Nitro atm,
lets see how the configuration turns out.

G:  reminder to send me nitro overview scan, and please think of how to
     use Og with these new settings (if done at all if I understood you
     correctly).

Yeah, config would be better, one can then switch it off when the system
gets too slow witout changing a line of the implementation...

Jo

--
Feel the love
http://pinkjuice.com/pics/ruby.png