[Nitro] Example Comments

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Sat Feb 10 05:06:57 EST 2007

>> which in no way contradics what I have been saying. ;)
> Didn't say that it did.  Just sharing, and justifying =begin =end
> style comments.

Which is why there's a winking smiley at the end.  :P  And yeah, thanks
for sharing.  :P

>> But yeah.. I haven't thought of that, I always commented both....
>> It's kinda like `#if 0   #endif` in C that way..
> Yeah, and I can't really say that it's better than if 0; end; in Ruby.
>  Except maybe rcov doesn't count comments against executable code.

Well yes, like with the C PP #if version, it doesn't impose a runtime
cost.  So it's a little better I'd guess.  (and, it doesn't need to
be 'well formed' like normal C/Ruby code, which is a plus sometimes)

Feel the love