[Nitro] Simpler configuration method?

nitrojesus.5.pistos at geoshell.com nitrojesus.5.pistos at geoshell.com
Mon Feb 5 12:09:10 EST 2007

On 05/02/07, Jonathan Buch - john at oxyliquit.de wrote:
> > Anyway, I will not   touch the current configuration system for the time
> > being (until someone suggests a clearly better alternative).

Could the specific problems be listed definitively?  Then we can take
the various proposed alternatives and examine how each one deals with
(or fails to address) each problem specifically, and also what new
problems it introduces.

I think a good point was raised in that we need to state just what
things are being configured, so that they can be segregated into (1)
system-wide configuration (all Nitro servers running), (2)
instance-specific configuration (differs per Nitro server); and (a)
class-shared configuration vs. (b) object/instance configuration.

I still am unconvinced that there is a need to configure anything
before it is instantiated (in the case of objects) or declared (in the
case of classes).  Can we get a couple of examples?