[Nitro] reap name 4 rake project

transfire at gmail.com transfire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 06:26:04 EST 2007

On Feb 4, 8:24 pm, "Michael Fellinger" <manv... at weez-int.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 05:23:48 +0900, <transf... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 4, 2:30 pm, "George Moschovitis" <george.moschovi... at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I would say keep reap.... but 4rake is ok too, choose what you want!
>
> > I don't want, so I can't choose.
>
> I'm for reap
>
> The obvioius benefit, it's shorter ;)
> Also, not sure how hoe solves it, they use the rake-command... and i
> really don't like that solution.

could you elaborate on that?

i basically agree and spent a lot of time on it, but i sort of came to
the conclusion that offering something that competes against rake is a
loosing proposition since rake is widespread and distibuted wirh ruby.

> 4rake doesn't tell me much, i know it's something for rake, but no idea
> what...
> reap is more like "let's reap some benefits/results/boon" :)
>
> ok, names are always very opinionated, a negative point for reap is the
> bad searchability, though 'reap ruby' should come up with decent results
> it will take longer to climb the top-10...
>
> so, let's ask ruby:
>
>    %w[reap 4rake][rand(2)]
>    # "4rake"
>
> wonderful :)

lol. the flipping coin technique has never works for me, though i
always try it 3 or 4 times for good measure. ;-)

T.