[Nitro] Consistency

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Sat Feb 3 16:23:14 EST 2007

> Is Nitro limited to Web stuff?  Could I not have URIs with my own
> protocol (e.g., jgb://some-stuff )  and teach Nitro to Do The Right
> Thing when it sees it?
> I think I tend to think of Web apps (or apps in general) as "fetch this
> resource, do something with it, and pass it on."  Often it involves
> http:// , but not always.

yes, I do think that Nitro is limited to Web stuff.  At least at the
moment.  I'm not sure how hard it would be to write a 'adapter' like the
CGI one, just for another type of 'getting called'.  I don't think
it would be particularily hard, but all the "mechanisms" within Nitro
are of course quite 'web centered'.

Somebody might prove me horribly wrong when I say this. :)

Anyone have an idea of a protocol which would fit into the Nitro 'range'
of working with things?  I'd really be interested to hear one. :D
(Nitro, going general purpose!)

Feel the love