[Nitro] Consistency

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 12:35:37 EST 2007

Jonathan Buch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> - use everywhere alias instead of alias_method
>> - use the name uri instead of url
>> - use facets/more,facets/core instead of facet
>>
>> If anyone has any objection please let me know.
>
> no objection today. :P  except that url is a little more common
> than uri perhaps...
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=url,+uri&date=all&geo=all&ctab=1&sa=N
>
> uri is (as I remember from some class) also stuff like the ISBN,
> for web stuff plain URL might be better in the Nitro case...
> So how about the other way round, all uri > url?

Is Nitro limited to Web stuff?  Could I not have URIs with my own
protocol (e.g., jgb://some-stuff )  and teach Nitro to Do The Right
Thing when it sees it?

I think I tend to think of Web apps (or apps in general) as "fetch this
resource, do something with it, and pass it on."  Often it involves
http:// , but not always.

--
James Britt

"Trying to port the desktop metaphor to the Web is like working
on how to fuel your car with hay because that is what horses eat."
    - Dare Obasanjo