[Nitro] Consistency

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 12:35:37 EST 2007

Jonathan Buch wrote:
> Hi,
>> - use everywhere alias instead of alias_method
>> - use the name uri instead of url
>> - use facets/more,facets/core instead of facet
>> If anyone has any objection please let me know.
> no objection today. :P  except that url is a little more common
> than uri perhaps...
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=url,+uri&date=all&geo=all&ctab=1&sa=N
> uri is (as I remember from some class) also stuff like the ISBN,
> for web stuff plain URL might be better in the Nitro case...
> So how about the other way round, all uri > url?

Is Nitro limited to Web stuff?  Could I not have URIs with my own
protocol (e.g., jgb://some-stuff )  and teach Nitro to Do The Right
Thing when it sees it?

I think I tend to think of Web apps (or apps in general) as "fetch this
resource, do something with it, and pass it on."  Often it involves
http:// , but not always.

James Britt

"Trying to port the desktop metaphor to the Web is like working
on how to fuel your car with hay because that is what horses eat."
    - Dare Obasanjo