[Nitro] [OG] eval and style

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Sat Feb 3 07:30:31 EST 2007

> Regarding style, I've switched my editor config over to never use tabs
> for indents.  Is the lack of indent inside the first module a project
> style issue as well?

Yeah, this is usually done in Nitro, to avoid 'unecessary' indenting of
the 'actual' code, as everything should be in Nitro/Og space anyway.

I do that in other projects as well, where there is only one 'namespace'
module which wraps around each and every file.

Other style issues:  one empty line between comment and method, 2 spaces
for one indent, `def meth(arg, arg)` (use brackets in method definitions)
and that's basically it.

I myself prefer empty lines to be indended as the current indend, but
I think others here prefer lines which are empty to be 'really' empty.
Just don't make spaces as the last character after a non-space and
before a line break.

I hope that helps writing halfway standard Nitro code.  :P  Noone here
is a real stickler about that (well, except tabs..).

Btw, I appriciate your work regarding Og simplicity very much!

When you work on the MySQL adapter, that's fine, I'll adapt the sqlite
and postgres adapters accordingly, so you don't have to worry about

The Og test suite is quite good actually, and should tell you where
something is going wrong.  One thing to keep in mind, the tcs are
sometimes quite 'near' at the implementation, so when you're getting
rediculous results, it might be the tc which just assumes something
it shouldn't.

So, welcome to Nito dev land, Judson!

Feel the love