[Nitro] [OG] eval and style

transfire at gmail.com transfire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 23:32:10 EST 2007

On Feb 1, 10:59 pm, "Judson Lester" <nya... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/1/07, transf... at gmail.com <transf... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just fix aspects.rb in your local install while you work on it, when
> > your pretty sure it's working right let me know and I'll patch facets
> > and make a new release. Usually I can have that done in a day.
>
> Sounds good to me.  Quick question about Aspect::wrap, though.  If a
> class has been Aspect::wrap'd, and you wrap it again, you'll get a
> stack overflow error when those methods get called.

Hmm.. that's not good.

> On the other
> hand, from what I can see, wrap puts the advice code around the
> methods when it's called; my impression therefore is that AOP on
> subclasses can't take.  Is this the right venue to talk about that?

Sure.

I'm not sure it should effect subclasses.

However aspects.rb isn't true AOP. I've haven't studied it enough to
understand exactly how it works. (George is the author). But basically
it's seems to be more a sophisticated method wrapping system. I've
wondered on occasion how possible it would be to rewrite aspects.rb on
top of cuts.rb.

T.