[Nitro] Nitroproject.org

transfire at gmail.com transfire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 11:09:55 EST 2007

On Feb 1, 9:14 am, "Jonathan Buch" <j... at oxyliquit.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> > * It will host the documentation
>
> * rdoc
> * static documentation

We should have both.

> * wiki docs

We already have this enough in the Q&A site.

> Together with kotrin from #nitro we had planned a page for static
> documentation already.  The design is already finished, and the domain
> is supposed to be nitro-doc.com/org.
>
> Reliable static documentation, always updated for a certain version of
> Nitro is very much needed.  As a reference the django doc is great.
>
> > * the discussions of this mailing list.
>
> A complete threaded news reader?

I would just have a link to the google group (despite the fact the the
new interface sucks compared to the old one). No sense in repeating
work that already done.

> > * Errors and info messaged in Nitro will point to the site.
>
> This sounds like a good idea.
>
> > * I would like to introduce a mechanism of automatically acquiring Nitro
> > parts/components/plugins on demand from this site (something like an
> > automatic gen)
>
> Be aware thathttp://www.loxparts.de/from us thrives to provide that.

Indeed. I think it behooves Nitro to harness separate "parts" like
this rather then trying to do everything monolithically. I say just
add redirection pages from nitroproject.org to these other sites.

  http://oxyliquit.de/
  http://loxparts.de
  http://groups.google.com/group/nitro-general-google/topics?hl=en
  http://facets.rubyforge.org