[Nitro] How to debug templates not being rendered?

Bill Kelly billk at cts.com
Tue Dec 18 04:38:45 EST 2007

Hi,

After upgrading to the repo version of Nitro, I'm not seeing
rendering of my templates.  However, it appears the controller
is behaving normally from watching the log information.

However, when I run the demo/blog app, its templates DO get
rendered!

So I'm trying to understand what is different between the blog
and my app.

The directory structure of my app puts template/ at the root:

  conf
  log
  public
  public/js
  public/media
  public/stylesheets
  public/doc
  run.rb
  src
  template

However, I have checked the runtime value of Template.root_dir,
and it is "template", so that seems OK.

Note: If I put a print "hello" in one of my controller methods,
then at least the "hello" DOES show up in the browser.

At this point I'm hoping for some tips on how to debug why my
templates aren't being rendered.  (Any particularly good places
in nitro or raw I should add a printout?)  It's not obvious to me
what is different between my app and the demo/blog app.

(Note: my templates use the extension .htmlx)

Thanks for any ideas,

Regards,

Bill