[Nitro] Og Self-Interaction Question

Matthew B Gardner weather at speakeasy.net
Wed Dec 12 22:33:40 EST 2007

Hello --

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 03:20, George Moschovitis wrote:
> One question.
> why do you use property for the Game class and attr_accessor for the Web
> class?

That was unintentional...I learned Og through tutorials that used property
instead of the generic accessors. I'm assuming I can use the accessors
everywhere now, or is there a valid reason to keep using property?

> from what I understand you keep 2 different codebases and a single
> database. This looks like duplication of effort to me (and I can think of
> synchronization problems, etc..) I can see no easy solution to your problem
> (apart from changing to :add evolution)
> -g.

It's just one codebase (the game), but I want to use the web aspect for
editing things that would otherwise be much more tedious and less
user-friendly inside the game. For example, writing and editing helpfiles for
things inside a browser would be much easier and dynamic than it would be
inside the game. I guess I misspoke in my initial post...the two classes
aren't the same, they just share the same data and need to share class name
to do so (to access the same db table). I think switching to add evolution
may be the most natural solution for me, but I'm going to look into Trans's
ideas too.

Thanks for your help,