[Nitro] Og Self-Interaction Question

Matthew B Gardner weather at speakeasy.net
Wed Dec 12 01:49:48 EST 2007

Hello --
  I'm writing a game which uses Og with MySQL, and I want my website to be
able to interact with that data as well. I'm wondering about solutions to
this problem:

Game...

class HelpFile
	property :name, String
	property :body, String
	property :viewed, Integer
end

Web...

class HelpFile
	attr_accessor :name, String
	attr_accessor :body, String, :control => :textarea
end

The web class doesn't need the viewed attribute, but I'm assuming it'll drop
that attribute from the database if it isn't declared. Likewise, I'm sure
there will be web-data that I won't need in the game. I know I could disable
full evolution, but I'd like to not have to do that...especially since I
think that's one of the best reasons to use Og with my project (changing to
add might not be too terrible). Maybe using two different declarations of
essentially the same class isn't even good practice, but the game class
having access to web-based methods and vise-versa seems problematic to me
(not to mention the classes are in two different places).

Does anyone have some insight on this? Implementation solutions?

Thanks for any help -- please let me know if further clarification is needed,
Matt