[Nitro] Tutorial PDF

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Sun Dec 9 03:18:11 EST 2007

Matthew B Gardner schreef:
> Using the darcs install, here are the current issues for this tutorial:
> Need to install RedCloth and xml-simple.
RedCloth is supposed to be optional, according to raw/README.
raw/util/markup uses it by default, but this can be overridden.

The only problem is that at the top of the file is a require "redcloth",
so you won't get far without it. The gemspec also references redcloth as
a dependency. On the other hand, there is a check in the method
expand_redcloth to see if it's installed or not. For this to make sense
the require and the dependency have to go off course.

So, optional or not?

> app.adapter=:mongrel at line 6 in debug.rb causes:
> INFO: Starting Mongrel server in debug mode, listening at
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/facets-2.1.3/lib/core/facets/kernel/constant.rb:28:in
> `const_get': uninitialized constant Raw::MongrelAdapter (NameError)
> I'm not sure if it's just my system, but creating my own version of todolist
> or using your todolist1, I get the "You have successfully installed Nitro!"
> index page. Was able to get that after I commented out the mongrel line.
> The FormHelper mixin works fine now, by the way (at least in your
> todolist1) -- was that updated today?
> Hopefully this helps some.
> -Matt
> On Friday 30 November 2007 02:06, Arne Brasseur wrote:
>> Hi Nitro lovers,
>> This is the tutorial I wrote a while ago, only this time in PDF format.
>> There's probably stuff that is already obsolete, but since we're posting
>> PDF's for the "geekend" anyway ;)
>> The difference is that this one is generated from docbook that is
>> generated from a bunch of text files with some minimal markup. Docbook
>> is great and flexible and all of that, but hand editing is still
>> tedious. I tried it for about an hour and it started to get really on my
>> nerves.
>> The proposal is to use such a hybrid approach for the official Nitro
>> docs. Targeting docbook we can get high quality docs in several output
>> formats, while editing in a format with the least amount of mental
>> overhead. It's still possible to fall back to "raw" docbook should it be
>> necessary.
>> (ab)

Ein Fuchs muß tun, was ein Fuchs tun muß
arne at arnebrasseur.net