[Nitro] Install your own Nitro dev-branch gems!

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Fri Dec 7 04:46:26 EST 2007

Check glue/glue.gemspec. It probably still contains a line like this:

  s.add_dependency("facets", "= 1.8.54")

The patch should have removed this but perhaps something went wrong. The
patch file is intended for use with darcs, I'm not sure it will work
with GNU patch. The correct way of applying the patch (on a clean repo)
is this:

  cd repo.nitroproject.org
  darcs apply ab_200711207_fix_the_gemspecs.patch

After that rebuild the gems (rake dist:all) and try again.

The problem you're seeing is that glue fails to install because of a
missing dependency (facets 1.8), and since the rest depends on glue they
also fail.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you encounter more obstacles.

(ab)

Matthew B Gardner schreef:
> Hello -- I followed the instructions here and got:
>
> Successfully installed facets-2.1.3
> Successfully installed english-0.1
> Successfully installed opod-0.0.1
> Successfully installed blow-0.3.3
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
>     Error instaling glue:
>         glue requires facets = 1.8.54
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
>     Error instaling og:
>         og requires glue = 0.50.0
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
>     Error instaling raw:
>         raw requires glue = 0.50.0
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
>     Error instaling nitro:
>         nitro requires og = 0.50.0
>
> I installed the patch manually, several times, and got this every time. Is
> there something else I need to do?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Matt
>
> On Thursday 06 December 2007 21:50, Arne Brasseur wrote:
>
>> The easiest way to try out the latest and greatest, assuming you have
>> ruby, rubygems, rake and darcs installed.
>>
>> Get the repo:
>>
>>   darcs get http://repo.nitroproject.org
>>
>> Build the gems
>>
>>   cd repo.nitroproject.org
>>   rake dist:all
>>
>> Install them
>>
>>   cd dist #very important!
>>   for a in facets english opod blow glue og raw nitro; do sudo gem
>> install $a;done
>>
>> Successfully installed facets-2.1.3
>> Successfully installed english-0.1
>> Successfully installed opod-0.0.1
>> Successfully installed blow-0.3.3
>> Successfully installed glue, version 0.50.0
>> Successfully installed og, version 0.50.0
>> Successfully installed raw, version 0.50.0
>> Successfully installed nitro, version 0.50.0
>>
>> Try it!
>>
>>   cd ../nitro/demo/hello
>>   RUBYOPT=-rubygems nitro
>>
>> For the blog adapt nitro/demo/blog/conf/debug.rb according to your DB
>> setup. Hint: Og.setup(:adapter => :sqlite)
>> In the demo/blog directory:
>>
>>   RUBYOPT='-rubygems -I../../../part/lib' nitro
>>

>> (This does assume the attached patch has been committed.)
>>

>> Have fun!
>>
>> (ab)

Ein Fuchs muß tun, was ein Fuchs tun muß
arne at arnebrasseur.net