[Nitro] OG and ruby-dbi

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 02:50:29 EDT 2007

As a exercise in 'cutting-my-teeth', I thought to try and implement a
DBI adapter for OG.  Googling the nitro mail-list archive showed one
previous question about this and it didn't suggest that this is
'impossible'/fraught with difficulty - is this still the case?
Of course this may be redundant, but my main goal is to get to know
OG/Ruby/ORM etc.

I noticed the test folder in OG is relatively sparse, and I was
intending to try and use R-spec as I went along....

I'll be looking at how other projects have used DBI (and have already
seen some tips), but I'd appreciate an opportunity to ask
questions/get advice.

A couple of questions.
Which is the most active/preferred communication forum, the mail-list
or the freenode irc channel? (I'm in Sydney,Oz so that might rule irc
out, but I have ome flexibility in my work hours)
Any objections/gotchas to using R-spec to do the specs/BDD with OG?

I'd appreciate any assistance/advice :)