[Nitro] Aspects

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:55:54 EDT 2007

On Aug 25, 11:01 am, "George Moschovitis"
<george.moschovi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The difficulty comes when the methods do not already exist.
> yeap, this is the problem. My version (included in the repository code)
> handles this
> my using a mandatory call to Aspects.setup after all dynamic methods are
> defined.
> But I think there are still some bugs (for example on bug reported earlier
> in this week).

You're using this for Og models, right? Are you using it for Nitro
controllers too? Anywhere else?

I don't 100% understand the design btw. Could you explain
what :on, :where, :only, :except, and :join options do?

> I tried to use the version from facets but I had some problems. Tomorrow I
> will review
> my version and the code from facets, and I will be in better position to
> help you with this.
> > method_missing. (Basically imagine every method call being routed via
> > method_missing).
> this sounds *awfull* to me!

He he. Well, it's not *that* bad! The nice things is that it's 100%
dynamic. No fuss with included or method_added, which can be easy to

In any case, for the time being it's probably best just to fix and
improve your lib. It doesn't needs to be an all or nothing affair. I
think there's room for both approaches in the library. I can add mine
as a separate lib, and over time we can see how they fair/work

I have to go now, but let compare notes tomorrow.