[Nitro] OG vs Active Record

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 01:38:13 EDT 2007

> I hope whoever implements an acts_as_tree for Og has the hindsight and
> foresight to implement a cached tree structure option -- perhaps with
> update timestamps to allow simple, fast, partial cache refresh.

I am attaching an Og Mixin I use for hierarchical queries in my projects. I
think
this greatly demonstrates the power of Og when encapsulating complex
patterns.
Consider this example when reviewing Og vs AvtiveRecord.

I think this generates fairly optimized queries and caching is not needed.

-g.

--
http://www.me.gr
http://phidz.com