[Nitro] OG vs Active Record

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Mon Aug 20 06:52:05 EDT 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:43:31 +0200, George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This certainly could be done and it has been asked for already on irc
>> some year ago.  I wasn't too sure about that back then, and I still
>> hesitate on that.  We could make it an option, `Og.auto_validations`
>> which then does the trick....  G?
> I don't understand what you mean here, can you elaborate?

Og.auto_validations = true

class User
   attr_accessor :name, String, :uniq => true

This would then automatically create a `validate_unique :name`.
Similar with other annotations then, :primary_key would do that too..
It could just 'walk' through some filter in the enchanting,
which just reacts on certain annotations and autocreates validations..
Just an idea though.  :)

Feel the love