[Nitro] OG vs Active Record

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 03:03:54 EDT 2007

> The useage case/scenario is:  Single 'amateur' developer, large
> numbers of databases, large databases (10'sGB/table, 10's tables/DB),
> multiple ruby scripts accessing the dbserver directly (no web
> interface - at this stage.)

I don't see any Og related issue here. This has to do with the actual RDBMS
used.

1) Am I right that OG largely overcomes the issues discussed in this
> (long) AR thread (I summarize a key issue below):
> http://rubyurl.com/xWb
> and here:
> http://aralbalkan.com/764

I would say yes.

I see the same performance on my system (script attached).  Has anyone
> run this test under OG?

Not me

3) How well is MySQL supported (bearing in mind that OG is at 0.5), or
> is most development done with Postgresql?  On MySQL, how about the
> MyISAM and Memory Engine/tables?

I am the main developer and I use MySQL.

regards,
George.

--
http://www.me.gr