[Nitro] The has_one/belongs_to relationship

Matthew B Gardner weather at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 17 15:59:42 EDT 2007

Hello, I've tried rather hard to figure this relationship out, but I just
can't get it to work correctly on the has_one end. I have some classes that
utilize the has_many/belongs_to relationship, and those work fine.

The two classes are:

class Account
	has_one :character, Character
end

class Character
	belongs_to :account, Account
end

When I initialize Character, I assign the passed account to its account
variable, and the relationship is established (and saved properly to the
database). When I try to assign the created character to Account#character,
however, it treats the character variable as a local variable. For instance,
in Account:

character = Character.create msg.capitalize, self
save!

Checking character outside of that method returns nil, and the character_oid
database field is NULL. I tried using self.character and experienced the same
results.

Both classes include the Og::EntityMixin module, and both relationships are
defined after I define my properties.

I really appreciate any help with this -- let me know if I need to post more
information.

Thanks,
Matt