[Nitro] Og table prefix

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Mon Aug 13 06:13:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

> I am thinking about droping the 'og' prefix from model tables by default
> (the setting will stay). From what I see you can have safe table names by
> using backtick (`) in mysql and double quotes (") in Postgresql. What do you
> think?

I happen to like the prefix, as I often use psql and it's tab trigger to
autocomplete table names.  Having the 'og' prefix makes things easier for me.
As you (if you don't do more low level db stuff) never really specify the
table name at all, they could be hashes instead of good sounding names.  ;)

That said, I just see no real benefit other than 'looks slightly better from
the outside' and vote against.

Jo

--
Feel the love