[Nitro] [NP.ORG] Nitro/Og Fora daily digest

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 03:56:12 EDT 2007

> Well, first explain what it is. ;)

In Nitro we don't have a template_root (ie a directory where to look for
templates) but a template_root stack. Ie there are multiple directories.
If a template is not found in the top dir of the stack nitro walks the stack
to find another template_root dir. The bottom template_root dir is the
proto/template directory. The top dir may be app/template. Controllers in
parts (nitro reusable pieces of functionality) can insert a local template
in the stack. And generally you can manipulate this stack for special fx.

This mechanism allows you to 'override' (or 'overload') templates. Lets say
you want to change the default 50x error page template. Just put a template
called status_500.htmlx in app/template (that goes before proto/template).

But these days I am thinking that this complex mechanism is not really