[Nitro] nitro + scgi

Bill Kelly billk at cts.com
Tue Sep 26 20:30:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm wanting to use Nitro with SCGI, but am having trouble finding
an explanation of how to do so.  (I've searched Google and Oxyliquit,
and looked in nitro-0.30.0/doc/*...)

My Nitro app has a script directory, containing scgi_ctl and
scgi_service scripts.

I've used scgi_ctl to create a conf/scgi.yaml file.  It looks like:
---
:port: 9999
:config: conf/scgi.yaml
:logfile: log/scgi.log
:control_url: druby://127.0.0.1:8999
:env: production
:host: 127.0.0.1
:password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I start my Nitro app with "script/scgi_ctl start", it does
start, but it still uses Webrick.  (Not sure if that's incorrect,
but it's not what I was expecting.)

If i then try "ruby script/scgi_ctl status", it says:
ERROR: Failed communicating with druby://127.0.0.1:8999: druby://127.0.0.1:8999
 - #<Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused - connect(2)>

I'm guessing I need to set up something different in my run.rb,
so that it somehow goes into "SCGI mode" instead of "Webrick mode",
and maybe something to specfiy that DRb should be used....

(Note, I'm using apache, but I've used SCGI with Rails, so I presume
the apache-side SCGI configuration will be essentially identical for
Nitro.  So I'm not really stuck on the apache-side configuration,
just the Nitro configuration.)

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Bill