[Nitro] Gen

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:53:29 EDT 2006

On 9/20/06, Fabian Buch <fabian at fabian-buch.de> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I have more ideas for Gen, especially for gen part, but until then
> gen app and gen part work nice and are the main usages behind Gen
> (for me).

Nice. Thanks for the run down. I was asking b/c I have a script called
"seed" which generates standard Ruby project scaffolding. I was
wondering if Gen might encompass a larger picture of generating
scaffolding for other things besides Nitro projects, and maybe then
take on this functionality as well. But maybe it's best if Gen stay
Nitro only. Just a thought.

Speaking of Gen, I think the idea of making a web app out it is even
more interesting. So you'd just use gen on the command line to create
the initial webapp and then naviagate to that webapp and use it to
fill itself out. I think it was James Britt who came up with this idea
actually.

( o-
 //    trans.
/ /    transfire at gmail.com