[Nitro] TRANS: Facets annotation problems

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Tue Sep 19 07:07:40 EDT 2006

today was a nice day and so manveru though about migrating Og to
facets 1.7.x....  Big mistake, annotations are a huge pile of...
I dunno what to say.

A few questions from manveru:

something.ann.self[:foo] vs something.ann.foo vs something.ann[:foo]

why ! and ? is dropped in new facets (and what did those do anyway)

It would be nice if you could help in outlining how a transition
of 1.4.5 to 1.7.x is possible, where possible gotchas wait.  We'd
be _very_ happy if you could take a look into Og code yourself
and see how annotations are used there.  If you need directions
browsing the code, manv and I will be happy to help out.

Feel the love