[Nitro] nitro command vs run.rb

Fabian Buch fabian at fabian-buch.de
Thu Oct 26 17:31:20 EDT 2006

Don't want to debate on whether either of them is better, there are
and will be uses for both (actually I prefer run.rb for various
reasons). But I just found a problem with running nitro directly via
run.rb instead of via the nitro command:

I have the following in my run.rb:

So running "ruby run.rb --live" first loads conf/WHAT? It loads conf/
debug.rb not conf/live.rb and that's because --live is parsed in
Nitro.start and Configuration.load knows nothing about it. Nitro is
started in live mode, but debug configuration is loaded.

That wouldn't be a problem if the Runner would load live conf later,
but that's commented in runner.rb

#    load_external_configuration(:live)

George, I want that uncommented again and don't tell me to use the
"nitro" command. I don't want to. Is it somehow possible to get "ruby
run.rb --live" back? Worked nicely in the past.

Nitro Q&A: http://oxyliquit.de/
Blog: http://blog.fabian-buch.de