[Nitro] param handling

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 17:50:57 EDT 2006

George Moschovitis wrote:
> Hey Jonathan,
> very descriptive email ;-)
>>George wants the first to be possible, I don't.
> In my design arguments == parameters. But after reading your nice
> email, I am begining to like your idea to separate args/params. I am
> not yet convinced though. Let's see what others think  about this.

I like the transparency of having arguments in the URL.

I like the idea that a controller and its methods not need have to look
for some magic object holding additional parameters.

would map to

would either mean the passing of extraneous arguments, or that the
action must be defined to accept a hash:

  Controller#action(baz, opts={})

I'm not entirely convinced of this, but I wrote a small MVC Web
framework a few weeks ago, and tried to make it as obvious as could be
reasonable.  Later, I saw someone else announced a similar framework,
but he included an ubiquitous 'params' thing.  I hadn't found a need for
that in my work, and I'm wondering if its inclusion is all that good.

James Britt

"People want simple stories."