[Nitro] Maybe OT but help for a new app

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Thu Oct 19 08:44:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

> I want to go further with nitro but i haven't a clue how to go futher
> after the screencasts :-/

too much white paper, usually the problem. ;)

> What I want to try is a portal with  wiki/blog/inventory/ticketing/...
> System but a simple *test* app is a big issue for me :-/

> Is there a, more or less, step by step howto how a *sample* app can
> look, I have look into the examples, wiki/blog/..., but the time for
> reverse engineering isn't necessary as long as you can help me ;-))

Have you seen the tutorials on Oxyliquit?

http://oxyliquit.de/tutorial/4?_page=3

Here for example I show a little how I make a new nitro application.
(what files are necessary, which can be deleted, how to structure a
run.rb, where to put the templates etc.)  The scope of the tutorial
however is a little more general and touches more subjects.

The other tutorials are worth a read too, "Nitro In Flames" also
talks a little about on how to set up a new project and is generally
a nice introduction.

Hope you can find what you need there.

Jonathan

--