[Nitro] JQuery is very nice

Dan North dan at tastapod.com
Tue Oct 17 07:53:00 EDT 2006

Hi folks.

As a punter rather than a framework developer, I'm very much of the
opinion that less [magic] is more.

I want to write a nice, simple, intuitive, /testable/ web app. One of
Rails' big failings in my opinion is its poor support for the mid- to
advanced- level developer (or non-trivial web app, I'm not sure which).

If I don't (need to) care what's going on, then Rails works fine. If I
do, then suddenly I'm searching through the source code for scaffold or
trying to add a breakpoint to a non-existent (yet) method. Which sucks.

I can't over-emphasise how impressed I am with Nitro & Og's lack of
magic where it simply doesn't need it (and particularly how elegantly Og
does O-R mapping in Ruby). Anything that generates code - especially
on-the-fly - is a Bad Thing for anything other than trivial applications

Thanks for listening,