[Nitro] The road to Nitro 0.40.0

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 04:53:00 EDT 2006

Dear devs,

after a long time with no new release, I think it is time to concentrate
as a team to release the 0.40.0 version. A comfortable release date is
Oct 31. To this end, here is a short todo list:

- make tests pass
- make postgres adapter run
- make examples run
- introduce new system part / get rid of old scaffolding.
- introduce more patches from manveru's repository.
- make compatible with latest facets (esp. the new annotation system)
- make new deployment scripts (based on the new reap implementation)
- cleanup code
- update docs

If you think that something is missing from this list, please let me know.

For the moment I would like to publicly ask Tom (trans) to help me
with porting Nitro to the new facets annotation system and help me
build some deployment scripts with the new Reap replacement.

We have collaboratively done so much work on the repository version of
Nitro. This work really deserves to be released and be made known to
the wider circle of ruby developers.

best regards,
George.

--