[Nitro] OT: Bazaar

Jonas Pfenniger zimba.tm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 04:23:49 EDT 2006

Here is my opinion about various relevant VCS i've tried over the time :

= Darcs =

Interesting because of the patch theory they developped. It allows
cherrypicking et al. Unfortunately, theory is not reality and it
sometimes happen that you get race condition where it takes hours to
solve a diff. This happened to me one time.

= Mercurial =

More practical than darcs. It's very fast and has about the same features.

= Bazaar-NG =

Slower than mercurial but it has good support since it's commercially
supported by Canonical. I think it will evolve and get faster over
time (it already does between 0.8, 0.9 and 0.10). Altrough I didn't
test this one so I don't have a real usage opinion.

= SVN =

Not distributed
The only one that supports push over http nicely. It's annoying when
you have to create unix shell account to allow push over ssh.