[Nitro] Setting up simple CGI on ubuntu

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:56:08 EDT 2006

I've done all this numerous times before but, sigh, apparently I'm
forgetting something again. I'm just trying to serve up a straight CGI
script, nothing fancy.

Running Ubuntu Apache2:

<VirtualHost *>
   #SetEnv RAILS_ENV development
   ServerName lilwiki
   DocumentRoot /serve/www/lilwiki/
   ErrorLog /home/trans/file/projects/PsyTower/lilwiki/log/apache.log

   <Directory /home/trans/file/projects/PsyTower/lilwiki/public/>
      Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
      AddHandler cgi-script .rbx
      AllowOverride all
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

By all accounts (I just spent the last 40 minutes seaching the web and
mailing-list) the above should be all I need. But all it does is serve
up .rbx files as plain text --it doesn't execute them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
T.