[Nitro] SCGI

Bill Kelly billk at cts.com
Tue Oct 3 17:26:17 EDT 2006

From: "George Moschovitis" <george.moschovitis at gmail.com>
> I made a terrible mistake in this post. Please replace every
> occurrence of scgi with mongrel.

On a related note. . .   :-)

I noticed on IRC this morning, that the SCGI adaptor is to
be removed?

[09:24] <gmosx> you see zed worked on scgi and mongrel
[09:24] <Kashia> gmosx, remove the scgi adapter! ;D
[09:24] <gmosx> and I was confused...
[09:24] <gmosx> ok will remove it...
[09:24] <Kashia> Zed officially left scgi to die anyway :P
[09:24] <Kashia> and it doesn't use Nitro::Cgi which is bad
[09:24] <Kashia> and it confuses newcomers!
[09:25] <Kashia> people try to use it instead of fcgi and run
into walls and we always ask 'why don't you use fcgi?' ;D
[09:25] <gmosx> ok, i planned to remove it anyway ;-)
[09:26] <Kashia> great, one problem solved :P
[09:26] <gmosx> well that was an easy to fix problem ;-)

I'm currently using Nitro + Apache 1.3.x + SCGI.

The only reason, as a newcomer, I found it confusing, was
because I didn't realize it was as simple as:

  ruby run.rb --scgi

After Guillaume Pierronnet explained to me that's all that
was needed, I don't see what could possibly be simpler.

I never did get Nitro + Apache 1.3.x + FastCGI to work.